The following is a WorkCyte update from LAS budget analyst Shannon Barr.
On Sept. 23, I attended the Change Liaison Network meeting hosted by the university’s WorkCyte program to learn more about the implementation of the Workday Student and Receivables platform.
The need-to-know info
The WorkCyte Phase II project is currently 9 months away from go-live #1, which will occur in June 2023. There will be five additional go-lives from Oct. 2023 – Nov. 2024.
The June 2023 go-live will primarily focus on recruiting and admissions business processes for the entering class of Fall 2024. Some Workday elements that will launch in June 2023 include:
- Admissions application evaluation processes
- Recruiting awards / Scholarships for new applicants
- Curriculum components including course definitions and instructor eligibility
Training for the June 2023 go-live will occur from April through June. Before formal training begins, pre-learning opportunities are available. You can:
- Attend this event: Grade Submission Using Canvas. October 5, 2022. Virtual or in-person.
- Attend this readiness workshop: Workday Student – Courses and Course Components. October 12, 2022. Virtual.
- Watch this short video: Graduate Programs of Study (Part 1).
- Watch this short video: Finding Programs of Study in a Graduate Major (Part 2)
- Visit the change impact web page.
The WorkCyte Phase II project team will host monthly readiness workshops beginning in October. These workshops are open to the campus community. At the workshops, you will receive a high-level overview of a specific Workday Student and Receivables topic along with demonstrations of the software. Look for more information about upcoming readiness workshops in the WorkCyte Digest newsletter and Inside Iowa State.