Meet Navya Mannengi | LAS director of international student success

CATEGORIES: Announcements

Please welcome to campus, Navya Mannengi, the new LAS director of international student success.
professional headshot of Navya Mannengi
The following is a message from Mannengi that details her background and explains how she can help support international students, as well as faculty and staff who also work with international students.

Hello!

My name is Navya Mannengi, and I’m excited to be the new LAS director of international student success. A little bit about me: I was born in Hyderabad, India, and I moved to Iowa City with my family when I was just 5 years old.

As a child of immigrants, I can connect and empathize with the unique challenges that international students face when they arrive on campus. But I also understand the joy of journeying across different countries and meeting others from various cultures.

I am passionate about increasing engagement, creating inclusive environments, and promoting growth and well-being for international students on campus. I am here to help international students reach their goals and be a part of their support system as they navigate the highs and lows of the college experience.

How can I help international students?

• Guide them through the transition to new university life and American culture
• Provide resources to help them meet their academic goals
• Connect international students to the appropriate campus resources
• Invite them to socials and outreach events so they can build relationships with their peers and staff members
• Be a trusting source for students who need a listening ear

How can I help you?
If you work with international students and need support reaching them or providing guidance, think of me as your go to person! Please think of me as a resource that you can share with your international students. The more I get to build a relationship with them, the more I can be there to support them.

Questions?
If you have questions about LAS international student success programming and resources, please email me.