Earlier this fall I introduced the United Way of Story County 2021 Campaign at Iowa State University. I noted that United Way of Story County’s help is felt right here on campus.
Today I want to share just how impactful UWSC services are for faculty, staff and students in the Iowa State University community.
People throughout Story County benefit from a host of services provided by organizations that are funded through United Way. For example, the following services have been provided to over 450 total faculty, staff and students:
- Legal advice and representation in civil cases
- Infant, preschool, and school-aged care on a sliding scale
- In-home health care, physical therapy, and social services
- Nurturing Parent, Parents as Teachers, and Crisis Child Care programming
- Rent and Utility Assistance
- Survivor advocacy during a law enforcement interview
- Club enrollment for children between 6-18
- Before and after school care
I am proud to share that faculty and staff in LAS have raised over $23,000 for the United Way of Story County! We need your help to make it to our 2021 Campaign Goal of raising $37,500. Please consider a one-time or recurring donation through Workday.
Simply log into Workday, select the United Way logo and fill out the 2021 Iowa State University United Way Pledge Form. Your contribution will be deducted from your paycheck.
If you have questions regarding the Iowa State University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences campaign, contact Erin Halverson (firstname.lastname@example.org).