It’s that time of year again, get your flu shot!
ISU WellBeing is once again partnering with Occupational Medicine to provide flu vaccinations to eligible ISU employees. The vaccine is provided at no cost as a service through ISU WellBeing. This year flu vaccinations will be available October 7 – October 18 from 9:00am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday at 205 TASF.
Here are some tips to help make your flu vaccination as painless as possible:
- No appointment is necessary; come during the time most convenient to you
- Bring your ISU card; you’ll need your University ID number in order to check-in
- Wear short sleeve or loose fitting shirt so the nurse can easily administer the vaccine to your upper arm
- There is limited parking in front of TASF; please consider biking or walking.
The flu shot is recommended for everyone 6 months of age and older. If you are pregnant, the flu shot is recommended, however, pregnant women are encouraged to check with your physician prior to vaccination. The flu season peaks in December – February, but can run from October until early May. For more information on the flu vaccine for 2019, visit the CDC website at 2019-2020 Influenza Season.
The following groups are eligible to receive this free service:
- Faculty, Professional and Scientific, Merit and Post Docs
- Retirees on health plan who are not yet 65
- ISU Foundation employees
- Iowa State Daily employees
The following groups are NOT eligible for this campus clinic:
- Students (undergrad and graduate) and visiting scholars. Please contact Thielen Student Health Center for vaccination information.
- Spouses and dependents.
For more information on the flu vaccination clinic at ISU, see the Flu Shot 2019 – Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have additional questions, please contact the UHR Service Center at 294-4800.