The Faculty Experience Workgroup, led jointly by the Faculty Senate and the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost, is working to identify and take action on issues of concern raised by faculty in the recent Campus Climate Survey.
Two open forums were scheduled to solicit faculty input. The second open forum will be held Thursday, November 1, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Memorial Union Pioneer Room.
We hope you will take the opportunity to attend, to add your voice to the conversation, and to help Iowa State foster a welcoming, respectful and collegial environment.
Our Faculty Experience Workgroup is one of four charged by Iowa State University President Wendy Wintersteen with developing initiatives to improve the experience of undergraduate students, graduate students and postdoctoral scholars, faculty, and merit and professional and scientific employees. The workgroup has also created a website with resource documents – including findings from the COACHE and Campus Climate surveys – as well as a form where faculty can submit anonymous ideas and feedback.
On behalf of the Faculty Experience Workgroup:
- Jonathan Wickert, senior vice president and provost (co-chair)
- Peter Martin, Faculty Senate president (co-chair)
- Claire Andreasen, professor, veterinary medicine
- Dawn Bratsch-Prince, associate provost for faculty
- Brenda Lohman, associate dean, human sciences
- Cameron Rayburn, lecturer, engineering
- Jane Rongerude, associate professor, design
- Jose Rosa, professor, Ivy College of Business
- Meifen Wei, professor, liberal arts and sciences