Beate Schmittmann and Sarah Nusser are leading Iowa State University's Improved Service Delivery (ISD) initiative as co-chairs of the Institutional Effectiveness Leadership Team (IELT). After working for the past eight months with the IELT, other campus leaders, and consultants, Beate and Sarah presented proposed models on Oct. 2, 2018, to the President's Council, for Human Resources and selected Finance services. View a copy of those slides.
They are now engaging the broader campus community to review and provide feedback on the proposed models. The following town hall meetings/public forums have been scheduled:
- Professional and Scientific Council ISD Open Forum: Oct. 3, 9:00 – 10:00 a.m., Pioneer Room, Memorial Union
- ISD Town Hall: Oct. 10, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m., Cardinal Room, Memorial Union
- ISD Town Hall: Oct. 11, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m., Pioneer Room, Memorial Union
All faculty and staff are encouraged to attend a forum and provide feedback.
"Faculty and staff input is absolutely essential to these efforts," Beate Schmittmann said. "The guiding principles of this initiative are centered on Iowa State employees and the valuable contributions you make every day to advance the missions of your units and the broader university. We want employees to be part of this process and will need your feedback to successfully develop the finalized service delivery models."
Additional meetings have been scheduled with various campus committees:
- Chairs Council
- Department Chair Workshop
- Faculty Senate
- President’s Council
- Provost Council
- Operations and Fiscal Colleagues
- Student Affairs Cabinet
- WorkCyte Steering Committee
- Other campus groups as-needed
A list of frequently asked questions about WorkCyte, Improved Service Delivery and OKTA is also available online.