Iowa State faculty, postdocs and graduate students who wish to explore the commercial potential of their research are encouraged to attend one of the upcoming I-Corps informational sessions. The Office of the Vice President for Research will be holding informational sessions about the fall 2018 I-Corps cohort on August 27th from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Memorial Union, Pioneer Room.
Key I-Corps Program Dates: Fall Semester 2018
- Informational sessions: Aug. 27, 2018
- Time and location: 1-2 pm, MU Pioneer Room
- Applications open: June 1-Sept. 7, 2018
- Review panels: Sept. 10-14, 2018 (exact dates TBD)
- Notification of acceptance: Sept. 17, 2018
- Sessions begin: Sept. 26, 2018
- Additional sessions: Oct. 3, 17 and 24 (no session Oct. 10). Attendance by the Entrepreneurial Lead and Academic Lead is required at all sessions to be eligible to receive a microgrant. No exceptions will be made for this requirement.
- Cultural competency training: TBD
I-Corp’s four-week curriculum focuses on customer discovery to support the transition of ideas, devices, processes or intellectual activities into the marketplace. This can be realized through the formation of new start-up businesses, licensing agreements or identifying funding sources to support additional research. More information about I-Corps, including key program dates and an application for the fall 2018 cohort, are available online. Application deadline is Sept. 7.