LAS faculty and instructors:
Engineering-LAS Online Learning (ELO) online course development grants for Summer and Fall 2018 courses are now available. Please review the information below and apply online at ELO Grant Application if interested. The deadline for submitting your application is January 12, 2018.
A limited number of proposals may be awarded in this cycle, due to the additional workload of migrating to Canvas. Preference will be given to proposals that address ELO’s grant priorities.
You may apply for an ELO grant if you are scheduled to teach in Summer and/or Fall 2018 and would like to:
- Create a new online course or convert a face-to-face course to an online format (up to $3,000/credit hour),
- Create a blended course (online and in-class) ($2,000/credit hour)
- Improve your existing online course (up to $1,000/credit hour)
- The funding should be used to support online course development/improvement only. Please see Expenditure Guidelines for details.
- The funding includes the services of ELO’s instructional design staff to ensure courses reflect Quality Matters best practices for online design.
- Course will be evaluated for usability and course design each time it is offered during the grant period.
- Grants do not support courses that involve live lecture capture as the primary mode of instruction.