Following his passion to medical school

CATEGORIES: Uncategorized

When Quinton Bose isn’t mentoring students in his biology learning community, or pumping up the crowd as a cheerleader for the Cyclone football team, or helping young students discover their passion as a Cyclone Aide, or doing undergraduate research in his biology lab, he’s planning for his future as a physician.

Quinton, a senior in biology, is preparing for medical school with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. He’s always had a passion for helping people, and medicine has become a great outlet for that passion.

“I love medicine, but I really love helping and mentoring,” he said. “I found the opportunity to do both by studying biology and pre-med in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.”

Quinton has worked on building his resume and work experiences since the day he stepped on campus. Everything he has been involved in – from working with new students to trying new classes to being an LAS Ambassador – has helped prepare him for his next step.

“When I look back on where I’ve been and what I’ve done over the past four years, I see that every opportunity I took advantage of has shaped my life,” he said.

When Quinton was a sophomore, his pre-med adviser told him about an opportunity to job shadow an emergency room surgeon in Cedar Rapids for two days. He jumped at the chance.

“That was when I realized exactly what I wanted to do,” he said. “The aspect of being able to help people everyday is what attracts me most to the job.”

After he graduates next spring, Quinton plans to take a year to travel and do missionary work in struggling countries while earning a leadership certificate from ISU.