The Office of Student Financial Aid is now accepting applications for the 2015-16 Undergraduate Research Assistantship (URA) Program. The URA program encourages outstanding juniors and seniors to pursue graduate study by offering them hands-on experience in a formal research environment. Participation in the URA Program assists students in making career decisions and in attaining information about graduate education and fellowships. In its twenty-eighth year, the URA program continues to help students develop technical and specialized skills as well as foster originality, imagination, judgment, and patience — the traits of an independent scholar.
Faculty members of Iowa State also benefit from working closely with talented undergraduates. Submitting an application does not guarantee a URA.
To qualify for the URA Program, students must:
- Be classified as juniors or seniors by the beginning of the term employed as a URA
- File the 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for work study funding (be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen)
- Maintain an ISU cumulative GPA of at least 3.25
- Complete URA application (deadline of March 31)
Faculty procedures for the URA Program:
- Complete URA Faculty application (deadline of March 31)
- Interview student(s) and make offers of employment
- Complete Letter of Intent
- Complete Work Study Authorization Form on Access Plus
Applications and the guidelines and procedures are available here.
For further information contact Julie Arnold at (515) 294-0103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.